Storyboarding: 60 minute sessions
To introduce the concept of storyboards and begin designing the board.
Tasks for Facilitator:
- Review the section on storyboarding in the animation training video.
- Make copies and distribute Attachments F, G, H, I and J.
- Review the following Attachments with the children:
Attachment F "Storyboarding and TV Safe"
Attachment G "Field Guide"
Attachment H "Keep Things Simple"
Attachment I "Continuity"
Attachment J "Jump Cuts and Staging"
- 5 paper cups
- Photocopies of Attachments
- F, G, H, I and J (one for each child)
- Scrap paper and pencils
- Storyboard panels and Field Guides
- Colored pencils
- Black pens
- Review and discuss the TV Safe Area & Field Guides.
- Start to storyboard their animation.
- Discuss Attachments F, G, H, I and J