How much time do you spend watching TV
a nd playing video games everyday?
Spend less than 2 hours a day
watching TV and playing video games
• If you spend more than 2 hours a day
watching TV and/or playing video games,
you probably are not active enough.
• Children who watch a lot of TV and play
a lot of video games are at risk of
What's the problem with watching too much TV and playing too many video
Can you eat in front of the TV?
• When you are watching TV or playing video games you are burning very
• Remember, if you eat more calories than your body burns, you will gain
weight; If you burn more calories than you eat, you will lose weight.
• Most TV commercials advertise for sweets, junk food or fatty foods,
which you may be tempted to buy or ask your parents to buy.
• It is not a good idea to eat in
front of the TV or have a TV in
• Kids who eat meals in front
of the TV tend to eat more
snacks and pizza and less
fruits and vegetables
compared to kids without TV
What can you do instead of watching TV and playing video games?
There are plenty of things to do instead of watching TV and playing video
games. If the weather is nice, the best activity is to GO OUTSIDE to play
in a safe place.
|• Play games
• Play basketball, soccer, hockey or football
• Take a bike ride
• Go swimming
• Walk somewhere
• Go skating
|• Swing on the swings
• Go skateboarding
• Do arts and crafts
• Play catch with a ball
• Dance to CDs and put on a show
• Jump rope
• Go running