|Home > Parent's Program > Parent's Postcards > 8 Habits of Healthy Kids|
• Spend at least 1 hour a day being physically active.
• Spend less than 2 hours a day watching TV and playing video and computer games.
• Eat at least a total of 5 fruits and vegetables a day.
• Snack on healthy foods and less junk food and sweets.
• Drink or eat at least 3 low-fat dairy foods a day.
• Drink at least 2 glasses or bottles of water a day instead of soda.
• Eat less fast food (2 or less times per week) and make better fast food choices.
• Eat smaller amounts - bigger is not better.
© 2007 Healthy Children Healthy Futures